Thursday, June 11, 2009

This Train is Derailed

Okay so lets go on a trip through time and space and I will show you all what I have been up to for the past 2 month, and why, "No I'm not done yet." I'm not sure why no one believes that I have been busy.
The question always poised and ready to reach out and scratch me is..."why aren't you done yet?" "Why does it take you so long?" I have come t ignore it all and go back outside to my secret world of clay, rough hands, pretty flowers, food stuff, and bag after bag of corrective soil agents.
The reason I'm not done is because I have a huge yard, it takes a long time to ripe the grass out of the ground, more time to get the clay into something a plant besides the weeds growing wild would want to live in. I really do garden with a hatchet. Its a sight to see I must say. So if you are ever out for a nice country drive on dead end back road and you see a girel with a big hat on, cussing and flailing madly at the ground with a hatchet don't be afraid. The girl is me, and that hatchet is dull, nothing really to worry about or see there.
Anyway the import bit is this. This is what i have bewen up to, and have been too tired to blog about when it happened at the time.
April
23rd
buy dirt

24th
planted porch salad bed, swiss chard, lettuce, spinach, onions, garlic, turnip.

25th
planted 5 cans of tomatoes, 3 in the porch salad bed.

26th
mowed, hatchetted out a curved border path bed to the house.
27th
planted 7 lavender, 3 sage on the border path. Planted 2 clematis vines.

28th
Planted 3 blueberries, pulled grass and weeds from around strawberries

29th
Planted 2 more clematis vines.

May
3rd
planted peppers, 4 green bells, 4 red hots.
planted beans, 12 seeds, all pole beans
Weeded around Satan's Cactus
Transplanted a rose of Sharon
3 white tiger lilies, I'm glad they bloomed they looked like little aliens with all their buds sticking out this way and that atop their spikey leaved perches.

4th
Laid brick for the Pentacle Planticle
sent in order for plants.

5th
Mowed...all day I have a big yard main'y on hill, and have to push mow...its a half acre...yeah I know.

6th
Bought landscaping timbers

On the 7th day I rested.

8th
Shopped for herbs, planted the herbs, and build a big red bench.

10th
Cleaned aroud the daffodis on the bank planted zinna seeds around them.
Took my mother out for mothers day, shopped for more herbs, Planted them when I got home.

11th
bought poop, dirt, and mulch

12th
Planted patunias in tree stup, planted 5 lilly of the valley bulbs around my mailbox.

14th
weedeated long bank.


15th
weeded around random flowers, planted 3 apple gourds, 3 birdhouse gourds, 3 bottle gourds. I only have one growing and I didn't think to label the rows, I'm thinking this little magic gourd is an apple gourd. We'll see at any rate it is the only one that is growing, which is kind of depressing.

16th
dark and scary rains whipped through the land, sending me into fits like an old dog that is forced to live on the porch, and hates storms. I may even had made noices like said old dog too, I can't be for certain.

17th
mowed, took sticks from yard and burned them in a ritualistic fashion in the yard. Wooping and hotdogs were had.

19th
Took everything off the porch, swept cleaned, and painted the floor.

20th
Painted the shed, went to war with the carpenter bees.

21st
Picked up yet more sticks up out of the yard, painted a rocking chair red, and followed it up painting more baskets, and otehr little things that go on the porch red.

23rd
Painted top of porch, painted the picnic bench red, and small bench yellow.


24th
Put in flower bed by newly painted shed hollyhocks, 3 blue salvia, 3 red lilies, put yellow bench by maples, Put up land scaping timber wall. 12 timbers, 32 ft.


25th
Memorial Day, ate blackened msg, and potato salad. Filled in dirt around landscaping timbers, weeded west bank, laid down landscaping fabric, planted 16 irises, 8 butterfly weed, 8 gloxnia, 12 blazing stars, 4 gladous. 12X25 bed to fill in on its own accord.
26th
Cleaned in neglected house.

27th
prepared a wave bed, planted nastum seeds. Enjoyed the wave bed so much put in a bottle tree on the one dead rose of sharron.

29th
Mowed

June

1st
worked on dirt pile by the pentacle panticle, started prepping the devil's cactus for its big move for the side of the house to its new home ( got hurt and cussed a lot instead.)


2nd
Went to the denist, got a wisdom tooth pulled, lived on pudding and ice cream. Got plant order from the 4th. Tied roses up on fence, planted 25 strawberries, 3 rhurbarb, got rained on went inside to sleep.














3rd
Planted 12 rhurbarb, cut down a few trees, planted 10 asparagus, planted 24 marigolds down the front of the landscaping timbers with back eyed susans and dasies for friends. Those arent weeds you are seeing on the bank. Those are herbs and tasty ones at that.

4th
planted 10 fruit trees, 2apple one red one yellow, peach, pear, 2 apracot, 2 paw paws. planted 6 grapes. Planted 24 more marigold in the tree bed to see if it keeps the deer from eating off my hostas and stargazing lilies.

6th
planted 6 giant hibiscuses, 2 mulberry trees, 2 lilies, and 6 walk on me thyme.

7th
picked up the free table and chairs, cleaned the table and chairs, planted 2 hostas, 8 snap drangons in front of the house. cleaned in the front of the house beds for squashes, and cucumbers...also plantede them. Finally moved the Devil's cactus. It has perked up since this picture and is covered in its beauitful yellow blooms. Makes me want to forget why I started calling it the Devil's cactus.

8th
cleaned around porch salad bed got rained on.


10th
planted 4 snap dragons in the wave bed, planted a star gazing lily there too. I enjoy taking my coffee from the table and watching my cat roll around in the herb garden only to pop up through the wave bed, panic at being spotted and rush up a tree. Its a good way to greet the day.


11th
Transplanted 3 rose bushes to the maples, in the rain. Started singing in the rain until I noticed that there were people watching me from the road. Children from up the road it seems, also less happy for the cooling rains than me it seemed.
Today I would also like to announce that I am tired. Very very tired in fact. I feel very frazzled and a bit sick. I should have been singing in the rain it seems. Do other people seem surprised that you are still doing something? Do they act like you're not moving fast enough for them? Am I really moving that slow?


No comments: