Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Something for Nothing


A.K.A How did I get to be lucky all of a sudden? My mom came home on Sunday to tell me that one of the ladies she cleans for was giving her a table and chair set. She said that she had had it for 3 years and never used it once.

I had to leap like a hungry lion onto the back of a zebra. She said that they were dirty and needed some tender loving care. I didn't care. Free is free.


As an added bonus to sweeten the already super deal, she threw in an extra two chairs and a small table to go with them. I'm not sure why you would buy something like this to never use again. The cushions could have been prettier, but I can sew, and again really what room can I complain in this situation. Sometimes the skies do open up to give you your very own rainbow.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ooh, what a cool score! I never score stuff like that. I am surrounded by lucky friends though. What's up with that??

Crittle said...

I usually don't either, sit around and watch others get things they wanted. Still I don't think it's you get what you want in life.

Life is more like your mom, and will debate until you forget you want something, until she has to beat you for throwing a fit, and if you have been good enough, haven't asked for a pony life will finally hand it over.