Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Deep Roots

I've been feeling pretty bad about a lot of different things, and not that those things will go away quickly, because they didn't come quickly, its on the climb. The dirt is making me better. The horrible clay, the blisters on my hands and feet, the simple joy of being surrounded that which I am trying to control.

The failing of the controling makes me feel even better some how. Nothing grows the way I want it to, and it ends up looking beautiful anyway. I labor until the the weather or sun tell me its time to go inside, or if it is time for work or school. But in the dirt, covered in clay mud mess, top soil, and elbow deep in bags of poop I'm happy.

This can only mean one things....I'm just a dirty hippy. No that's not completely true, I hate having to take forever scrubbing the dirt from out from under my nails. My roots towards the outside world tend to keep getting deeper and deeper, and the more they soak up from the earth the more I want to be surrounded by her.

Its the end vision in my mind. I trudge on. One day my yard with be a Magickal Oasis. The Mother Earth is my shrine to eternal salvation. I'm just part of the maintance crew....with a few extra plans for the shrine.

As part of my gardening and maintance duties, my goddess is giving me lots of fresh air, exerise, a better state of mind, vitamin D and B, and just because she knows my adversions to spending too much time in the sun, shade loving plants, she also helps me keep in mind that the more beds, the bigger the herb beds, the less mowing there will be. But she is not the only one shoving me outside and into the ground. The Green Man always dances with his beautiful Flora.


Nature Spirit
(I'm not sure who wrote this)
Nature Spirit carried
By spirits above
spirits below
spirits to rise
spirits to flow.
Always busy moving to and fro,
causing the elements,
to activate its cosmic dance,
merging together as a whole,
blended and drown into matter.

No comments: